Friday, February 17, 2006

The Disease and The Treatement

In Marathi, we have a saying which translates roughly into “Treatment being worse than the disease”. Well, here goes…

In physiology class (I am taking more and more medical classes), discussion was about the effects of drinking excessive water. The professor told about what are the effects of drinking excessive water are (didn’t know you could die drinking water). Then she asks what treatment should be given to the person. After one or two logical answers, a student calls from the back of the class, “Give him cholera.”

I mean, cholera removes water from your body, but then, as the prof summarized succinctly, “You are evil.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could also say that one man's sickness is another man's remedy.

Amey said...

Right. But I shudder to think of the condition of the patient if that person was a doctor ;)

BTW, welcome to my blog. Check out my other too.