Sunday, October 30, 2005

Back to Java!!

For all those people wondering what Java (as in software, not as in the life-fluid of all grads) has to do with Biomedical Engineering, I got a new job to develop a GUI (I used to hate these) in Java for one of the profs.
So it's back to Java and Eclipse for me! I didn't know how much I missed Eclipse till I sat down in front of my PC (details below) and started using it.
So Now I am going to work 15 hours a week on a Apple machine, with specs:


20" widescreen,
2.7GHz,
8 GB RAM
(that's not a typo, you demons of envy)
And there is a new addition: a webcam


Now I come to think of it, some people used to envy me for a machine with 1GB RAM... (tsk tsk tsk)

And come 15th Dec, I will be moving to a new office (again not a typo), while other grads are languishing in their tiny cubicles. Like my prof said, I need to watch my back…

Time: 29th Oct, 2005, 11:00 am
Venue: Radiology Lab

My prof wants to use my machine for some work. I have some work till 12, so I tell him that I will be back after some time, and continue the work. At 12, the machine is still busy. So I go off and have some coffee. Back @ 1:40, still the machine is busy. At this moment, he turns to me, and says, "It's a nice afternoon, why don't you take the day off?" I don't mind if my weekend starts on Friday afternoon...


And whole next week, he is away in some part of Europe. :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a lovely machine! You will enjoy even doing a documentation work on it.. leave alone developing a GUI in Java.

Amey said...

Yesss... I am enjoying a lot, this is dream machine.