Saturday, December 17, 2005

Phenomenon#135

Last week, while working in library stack, one of the students suggested that, library stacks would be a great location for a Hollywood ghost story, at least a thriller. I agree. Imagine a BIG hall full of rows and rows and rows (and then some more rows) of books. Imagine 4 floors like that. I mean, it’s a heaven for bibliophile (and believe me, if you believe the accounts, anything goes in stacks), but imagine moving between those silent volumes when you are absolutely alone on the whole floor the size of half a cricket ground. Brrr!!!!

Anyways, that reminded me of Phenomenon #135. Room #135 is the lab where I work on this fantastic machine. Last month, I entered the lab, and was pretty shocked to see all my lab-mates looking at me like I just walked into somebody’s home through window. The reason for their expression? Apparently, for some days before that, the door used to open, without anybody actually entering.

The same day, at 11 in night, me and my roomie went to the building to get some printouts. I was pretty surprised to see the lights in #135 on, but nobody could be seen in the lab (we are pretty particular about the whole “Save electricity” thingy). Well, we started the printouts, and went to other building for some work there. While coming back, we decided to take the side door. We just just came near the door, and POOF, the lights go on! We again ignore this and go back to the printer to finish our work. While coming back, I was curious, and checked again in #135, the lights were off!

Considering that we found no cleaners, in fact nobody else on the whole floor to account for this, I have temporarily named these encounters of strange kind, “Phenomenon #135”.

Unfortunately, further investigation in this was interrupted by my exams coming, and now we are moving to other building…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bhoot story in the making.. amey, did you try to find out whether there was a girl working in that lab before and then she was all of a sudden missing...

Amey said...

Like I said, we have moved to new building, so don't know.

And anyways, don't you think I should use whatever free time I can get from my studies to find a living girl than some departed (even if it is dear) soul?? ;)